We are so proud of our ‘Play n Display’ feature that we want you to design and build your own play n display model. It must fit the size specifications and display some minifigures. The rest is up to you.
Win a Front Opening Lego Minifigure Display Frame
Display Frames UK have created a uniquely sized display frame for Lego Minifigures. This includes extra deep shelves so that those figures with tails can fit alongside all your other figures. The shelves are deep enough that it is possible to design and build (entirely out of Lego of course) a set that can fit on a shelf and add some much needed creativity and fun to your Lego Minfigure Display. We have crafted several ourselves and you can see them in our gallery, but we realise that the power of Lego is the freedom to build. So we invite you to design and build your own Play and Display shelf on which to display Minifigures. We will give away one of our Large Front Opening Display Frames to the best design.
We are looking for brilliant creative designs. They must display some minifigures and fit in the frame (see sizing rules below). You can enter as many times as you like. You can enter through Facebook by posting to our competition page or Twitter/Instagram by utilizing the #digs4figsplayndisplay hashtag or simply upload your picture through our website form below. All pictures must be posted, uploaded or tagged before the closing date of Midnight on 30th September 2019.
Entries must fit in one of our frames. The shelve size is 6 x 64 x 6 & 2/3 (bottom plate and topped with a tile) studs. See Picture below.
Winners will be chosen by our panel of judges.
- Build and submit your entry before 1st Oct, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. GMT.
- Our judges review the entries and choose the winners by Oct 31st, 2019.
- We notify the winner and share the winning design on the Display Frames UK website no later than Nov 5th, 2019
How to Enter
- Submissions may be in either physical bricks or by using a digital building tool such as LEGO Digital Designer or Stud.io. You’re welcome to use image editing tools to enhance your photos.
- Please submit your photos in as high a resolution as possible so that we can see all the details clearly.
- Add a title and short description.
- Upload your entry to the contest using the submission form on this page.
Acceptable Entry Content
- You must be the original creator of all creative work you submit (the model, images, photographs, description text, etc.) and you must have the exclusive right to submit your model to Display Frames UK. You may not submit a model or any other content made by, or on behalf of, someone else.
- You are allowed to use any official LEGO element in your entry. The LEGO elements must be genuine (not cut, glued, or otherwise modified).
- You MUST use at least 10 Minifigures in your entry.
- Contest entries related to the topics below do not fit our brand values and will not be approved for publication on the website:
- Politics and political symbols, campaigns, or movements
- Religious references including symbols, buildings, or people
- Sex, nudity, drugs, or smoking
- Alcohol in any present-day situation
- Swearing or profanity
- Racism, bullying, or cruelty to real life animals
Entry Quality Standards
- You may submit digital entries using and LEGO CAD software such as LEGO Digital Designer, Studio or Mecabricks.
- You may use photo editing software, to enhance your entry. Entries containing photos that are too dark or blurry will not be approved. To ensure easy judging of your entry, we recommend taking pictures on a neutral background free from background clutter, with your model well framed.
- Please do not include people or limbs in pictures you submit. Photos containing such will be removed. Please do not overlay any text or logos onto your submitted images.
The Fine Print
- You must be at least 8 years of age to participate and enter.
- You may submit multiple entries to the contest.
- Winner will be contacted on the email address associated with their entry submission. Winner will be announced on social media when they have confirmed receipt of and replied to our winner notification email.
- This contest is not open to residents of Mars, Venus or Saturn. Residents of other celestial bodies are permitted entry
- By entering the contest, you agree to follow the rules on this Contest Brief page.
- This contest is offered, organized and run solely by Display Frames UK. Participants should direct all queries and matters relating to the contest to email@example.com
- You will retain ownership of your intellectual property but by entering you agree that your entry, or elements or portions of your entry, may be used by Display frames UK for advertising and/or marketing both online and offline in perpetuity.
One winner will receive: a Large front opening Lego Minifigure Display Frame in their choice of Black or White with or without base plates.